The cost of custom orthotics is covered by most extended health benefit plans. Our orthotic offer better serves patient’s needs as most people wear more than one type or style of footwear. The type of custom orthotics ordered may be different such as 1 pair for running shoes and 1 pair for dress shoes. Note that: Both pairs of custom orthotics must be ordered at the same time for the same person. The price for the custom orthotic remains the same irrespective of insurance coverage. ensure you understand your coverage and any limitations.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN OUR FEE FOR CUSTOM ORTHOTIC INSOLES:
- Your Order of Custom Prescription Orthotics including your gait analysis report
- Shipping Cost to and from the Orthotic Laboratory
- The Second Visit – Dispensing and Fitting Session
- Follow-Up Visits for any adjustment/modifications that may be required during the first 90 days
- Any required warranty work during the first 90 days
We encourage you to check the specific details of your health benefit plan to ensure you understand your coverage and any limitations.
MOST HEALTH BENEFIT PLANS REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR ORTHOTICS CLAIMS:
- a prescription for custom orthotics from a medical physician, chiropractor, chiropodist or podiatrist
- a description of the raw materials used to make the orthotics – we provide
- a description of the casting method – 3D dimensional laser CAD casting
- a biomechanical gait analysis report
- a list of the exam date, order date and dispensing date
- a detailed lab invoice or “Proof of Manufacturing.”
- a statement of account paid in full with or without a transaction receipt
We are able to provide you with all of the information in this list except for the prescription from a medical physician, chiropodist or podiatrist. If needed please obtain your prescription for insurance purposes before your first orthotics consultation.