This traditional French-Canadian dish is a crowd pleaser for the Holidays!
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 lb Maple Leaf Ground Sausage
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Sharp)
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Egg Beaten
1 tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
½ tsp Poultry Spice
½ tsp Sage
½ tsp Garlic
2 Frozen Pie Crusts (or make your favorite pastry recipe)
- Cook ground beef and sausage until meat is thoroughly cooked (no pink) ensuring that the beef and sausage is mixed together.
- Drain meat and place in a mixing bowl.
- Sauté chopped onion and add it to the meat mixture.
- Stir in spices and 1 beaten egg.
- Line deep dish pie plate with pastry and spoon in meat mixture.
- Cover with the top crust.
- Brush the top crust with milk and cut vents.
- Bake the pie for 50 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the edges of the crust begin to brown too quickly they can be covered with tin foil.